"Therapy can be a transformational and alchemical journey with creative process at the heart of the work."
It is important to feel comfortable with a therapist you work with. I understand that you may want to know a little more about me before deciding to work together:
Despair and suffering are the catalysts that usually bring someone to therapy and this can be the beginning of a transformational and alchemical journey with creative process and compassion at the heart of the work.
I began my career working in the film industry. However, an interest in holistic and complementary therapies led me to a different path and I became a qualified Aromatherapist. I specialised in working in the field of HIV/AIDS and worked with several organisations including London Lighthouse, Immune Development Trust and across several NHS treatment schemes. I was one of the core Aromatherapy tutors for the professional training at the Tisserand Institute and also taught their subtle energy module for several years.
My own suffering deepened my path and I developed an interest in mindfulness meditation. Training as a Core Process Psychotherapist was a natural progression and I qualified as a UKCP registered psychotherapist in 2003 and have been in private practice since then.
For the last 15 years I have provided psychological consulting to organisations, written articles and taught on aspects of trauma, resilience and wellbeing. Organisations worked with include: Pret a Manger, London Fire Brigade, St Mungo’s and Edventure Frome.
As a psycho-spiritual psychotherapist I am interested in the subtle embodiment of the deep imagination and the healing potential of working with nature and the land. I have also begun to integrate the worlds of aromatherapy and psychotherapy.
I currently offer Psychotherapy, Supervision and Psycho-aromatherapy from Bath and Bristol.
I have recently joined the teaching faculty of the Karuna Institute on their four year MA in Mindfulness-based Core Process Psychotherapy.
My path is influenced by interests in Celtic mythology & spirituality, interpersonal creativity, wellbeing, resilience, eco-psychology, sacred plant medicine and a heart-mind-body practice which informs all aspects of my work.
- MA in Core Process Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Contemplative Supervision
- European Certificate in Psychotherapy (ECP)
- 4 years study with the Annwn Foundation
- CIPD Diploma in Learning & Development
- Tisserand Institute Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy
- Post graduate training in Somatic Trauma Therapy with Babette Rothschild at the Chiron Centre in London.
- Completed Level 1 and Intermediate EMDR training with Alexandra Richman in London.
- Compassionate Mind Training with Paul Gilbert
- Compassion Fatigue Educator Certification Course (Figley Institute)
- BA Honours in Film, Drama & Education
- Accredited member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- European Association of Psychotherapy (EAP) membership
- Full member of the International Stress Management Association ISMA.
- Full membership BACP
- Member of the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists IFPA
- Associate of the Annwn Foundation
- Associate membership CIPD
- AVIVA Health Insurance Registered Provider