About my therapy practice
It is important to feel comfortable with a therapist you work with. I understand that you may want to know a little more about me before deciding to work together:
Despair and suffering are the catalysts that usually bring someone to therapy and this can be the beginning of a transformational and alchemical journey with creative process and compassion at the heart of the work.
My own suffering deepened my path and I developed an interest in mindfulness practice. Training as a Core Process Psychotherapist was a natural progression and I qualified as a UKCP registered psychotherapist in 2003. I have been in private practice since then and currently offer Psychotherapy, Supervision and Psycho-aromatherapy from Bath and Bristol. I am a tutor at Karuna Institute for their UKCP recognised trainings in Mindfulness-based Core Process Psychotherapy. I am also the current Chair of the UKCP’s Humanistic and Integrative College Assessment Board.
I began my career working in the film industry. However, an interest in holistic and complementary therapies led to a different path and I became a qualified Aromatherapist. I specialised in working in the field of HIV/AIDS and worked with several organisations including London Lighthouse, Immune Development Trust and across several NHS treatment schemes. I was an Aromatherapy tutor for the professional training at the Tisserand Institute and also taught their subtle energy module.
For the last 18 years I have provided psychotherapy to individuals and psychological consulting to organisations, written articles and taught on aspects of trauma, resilience and wellbeing.
As a psycho-spiritual psychotherapist I am interested in the subtle embodiment of the deep imagination and the healing potential of working with nature and the land. I have a deepening interest in the place of transitions, particularly in midlife and how spiritual crisis can be a deeply creative calling.
My path is influenced by interests in Celtic mythology & spirituality, healing, interpersonal creativity, wellbeing, resilience, eco-psychology, sacred plant medicine and a heart-mind-body practice which informs all aspects of my work.
- MA in Core Process Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Contemplative Supervision
- European Certificate in Psychotherapy (ECP)
- Eye Movement Integration EMI (Level 1)
- 5 years study with the Annwn Foundation
- CIPD Diploma in Learning & Development
- Tisserand Institute Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy
- Post graduate training in Somatic Trauma Therapy with Babette Rothschild at the Chiron Centre in London.
- Compassionate Mind Training with Paul Gilbert
- Compassion Fatigue Educator Certification Course Figley Institute
- BA Honours in Film, Drama & Education
- Accredited member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- European Association of Psychotherapy (EAP) membership
- Full member of the International Stress Management Association ISMA.
- Full membership BACP
- Member of the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists IFPA
- Associate membership CIPD
- Associate of the Annwn Foundation